Some Disturbing Things Some Unscrupulous Stylists Are Doing To Unsuspecting Naturalistas.

source: jawbreaker.nyc


You know, I was totally gobsmacked a few days ago when I was having a little tete a tete with some of my colleagues in the industry. We were talking about our challenges, issues and customer care when 2 of them spoke about a few clients of theirs who they noticed had considerably changed textures to the point of straightness.

While probing their clients, they found out that these clients at some point, had visited other salons and were told that a 'special conditioner' can be mixed and applied to their hair which will make it very easy for them to comb their hair while 'softening' the hair considerably.

Has anyone guessed what this 'special conditioner' really is made up of yet?


Allegedly they are mixing RELAXER with conditioners and applying to the hair of some naturalistas under the guise of giving them a special conditioner that will soften their hair!!!!!!!!!

One of my colleagues had mentioned it and while I screamed 'No!' another one said indeed she found out that some salons are doing that for some natural clients.

It is one thing to make a conscious decision, go in and request a chemical service and know that you got what you requested while it is ANOTHER frigging thing to have someone unknowingly apply relaxer to your hair just because they don't have the patience to work with a different texture or have the guts to improve their knowledge on working with something different or the integrity to be true to their work and the customers they serve.

I am so angry! How dare people do something like that? This is why there is a need for regulation on all fronts.

Has anyone heard of this happening or know someone it happened to?


9 comments

  1. WHAT?!?!?!?!? These salons should be named and shamed in public! WTF?!?!?

    Berry Dakara Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like how I felt when I heard. I was mad!!

      Delete
  2. This is terrible and completely unfair. I read about this happening in the states before. http://www.strawberricurls.com/it-happened-to-me-a-stylist-added-relaxer-to-my-conditioning-treatment/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally unfair. Can you imagine!!!!! So it's been going on for a while now!

      Delete
  3. I think the salons should be named, abeg. That is the only way a blog post like this would help. If not, how do we know how to avoid them?

    Did my Natural Hair Cost my Job??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, we all just need to be extra extra careful and be vigilant. I read the link Uzoma posted above and the lady who was a victim of this atrocity said the conditioner smelled funny. Ask questions and be aware. Remember these were customers that had gone to only Lord knows what salon, not sure if they mentioned names of where they had their special conditioners mixed

      Delete
  4. What the...?! The gall!
    I can't imagine this happening to me.
    After a challenging transition and finally chopping off long hair to be natural, some lunatic now does this to me??
    I wish those salons could be exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally not fair.
    As in where do one even begins.
    Smh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It tends to happen in the Dominican salons a lot. Happened to my sister in law in NY! The fix is to take in your own products and don't let them offer your any special products or better yet do your hair at homr. The Dominicans have been most guilty though...the negro complex...

    www.pynk360.com

    ReplyDelete