Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner Has Captured My Heart!



Okay, I've used  A LOT of rinse out conditioners and leave ins in the last 4 years (one year during my relaxed hair journey and in the last 3 years of my natural hair journey) and a lot of conditioners I've used have been - bleh, good, okay, not worth it or just plain horrible. When I really want a good co wash with lots of slip I rotate between VO5 Moisture Milks (Strawberries and Cream) and Aussie Moist Conditioner (Tresemme Naturals seems to have stopped doing anything for my hair for some weird reason).
My go to leave in conditioner for a long while has been Kinky Curly Knot Today and I haven't had any complaints - enter Oyin Handmade Hemp Conditioner! I wasn't actually on the look out for a new conditioner oh! I had recently taken stock of some of their products and decided to try a few just to see what the fuss was about (their products have rave reviews online).





Today was my washday and I decided to do a full day's treatment as I had no plans of going anywhere anyways. So did a hot oil treatment, shampooed (I like to clarify before getting a henna treatment) applied my henna mix (Godrej Nupur henna mixed with Hibiscus and coconut oil) and let that sit for about 4 hours.


I then rinsed and whipped out the Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp (which can be used as a co wash, leave in or a pre poo) applied to my hair and let sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing out. I also really like the smell - it has an orangey aroma that's not cloying but quite pleasant.

I applied it to my hair, I felt the immediate difference - my hair was soft and i was literally running my fingers through my hair - no tangles! You really need to try it out to understand why I'm so stoked loll. I rinsed out and honestly it was so baby soft. It has no silicones too yet it melts through tangles immediately the way a silicone based conditioner would so you don't have to worry about long term build up from the silicones coating your shaft.


I still needed to deep condition so I went ahead and applied my Vatika garlic deep conditioner ( I used to use a lot of the Vatika deep conditioners when relaxed and recently have revisited them), used a heating cap for about 30 minutes and then rinsed out.

Applied the honey hemp again as a leave in, sealed with my Mielle Organics Mint Almond Oil (very light which I like) and my comb literally glided through my hair. Now usually if I use the Aussie Moist conditioners my hair is soft quite alright but it wouldn't have the body and volume that I had today.  My hair feels like silk and it's  not weighed down or limp looking - this is definitely going to become a staple for me!!!


10 comments

  1. Nice, I'm glad it worked for you! I have the OYIN pomade and loved it for a long time. It started to feel to greasy after awhile so I've stopped using it. My new love that I MUST share with you is the LottaBody Coconut and Shea setting lotion! The ingredients are all safe for natural hair. I've used it for my twist out and my hair has never felt so soft and full of body while being in a stretched out state! I haven't needed to wash my hair and haven't needed to reapply product in order to get the same great twist out for the past couple of days. I also tested the product on a couple pieces of my hair with a perm rod, flexi rod and curlformer. It smoothed and straightened my hair with the curl really nicely. If it's available to you, it's worth a try! I'd love to see your take on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl!!! I 've heard so much about the entire Lottabody natural range ( I actually even retail some in the salon) I think I'll definitely keep one of these aside for when I take my PS down. Chai! This is me wanting to slow down on trying new stuff out oh lol!

      Delete
  2. Helo I just strolled into your blog lol and am really excited to knw ur salon is in dolphin I stay in dolphin too and would lik to come in for consultation. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm nice review, I should try it.
    That's a kind of Parachute coconut oil I haven't seen before. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should dear. The parachute oil you see is more of a hot oil - it's coconut oil mixed with some other Ayurveda warming oils. I have a few in the store - will bring one for you to the Salon day out!!

      Delete
  4. Finally got the review I needed about Oyin Handmade Products to see if it was really worth the hype, everyone seems to like them.
    You said you used a lot of Vatika products, are they any good? I see them in beauty shops and I just raise an eyebrow and move over.

    bookiekunlere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're actually quite good! The ones I haven't tried though are the shampoos but I love their conditioners and oils.

      Delete